Holy Spirit Lecture
For more information on the charismatic dimension of Christianity, please listen to this outstanding lecture by Carole Brown, given on 7/3/04 as part of the Franciscan University of Steubenville's Young Adult Conference in Washington D.C.
(53min., MP3, 24MB)
Topics include: the person and work of the Holy Spirit, practical steps to experiencing the charismatic gifts (tongues, visions, prophecy, etc.), as well as exceptional encouragement from the highest levels of Roman Catholic leadership for receiving from God in this powerful way.
[Note: Though the talk was given to a Catholic audience, the content is ecumenical, and enormously helpful for everyone desiring a greater release of the gifts of the Spirit. Because Protestants generally have more resources available on this topic, the talk is especially helpful for Catholics. The lecture starts slow and basic and then gets cookin' — don't miss it!]
Carole Brown graduated with a Master's degree in Theology and Christian Ministry from the Franciscan University of Steubenville in 1997. She spent several years as a Youth Minister, teaching in a Catholic High School, and has worked at Franciscan University for several years as the Director of Evangelistic Outreach. She is currently in Ireland as a leader in a Catholic lay ministry organization, contributing to the re-evangelization of Europe.
Near the end of the talk Carole references several handouts, a few of which are listed below for members of the Fellowship who are Roman Catholic.
- Dr. Peter Kreeft (with Dave Nevins) Audio Dialogue on the Charisms
- JPII Pentecost Homily (especially sections 4&5)
- Grace for the New Springtime (PDF) - US Catholic Bishops Conference statement on the Charismatic Renewal.
- Papal Endorsements - Various encouragements for the charisms.
- Sober Intoxication - challenge from Fr. Cantalamessa (the only person allowed to preach to the Pope) encouraging all for the full power of the Spirit!